Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Versatile Decor

I love the idea of having items that are versatile.  The ability to change a tiny detail and the item becomes something entirely different is exciting.  Do you remember my multi use pillow?  Well I bought some candles at Ikea a long time ago.  They are perfect for dressing up because they are neutral colors. 


Add a little tulle and ribbon and you are set.  I have the cutest ribbon that I am planning on using for Christmas.

I also thought I would share how I have my house decorated.  I don't decorate for many holidays, but there is something about Halloween/Fall that gets me excited to decorate.  Maybe it is the colors.


You can buy large glass jars like this one at Wal-Mart for $6.  It is also a very versatile item to have around.


My mother in-law hand painted this cute wooden basket.  I have it by my Halloween table runner.


I love decorative dishtowels.  They are so cute plus you can actually use them, or at least I do!


I found this metal pumpkin at a boutique in Gardner Village a few years ago and fell in love.  I think this might be my favorite fall decoration.  I embroidered the framed 'Boo to You' art at a girls night I had with my sisters.


The 'Fall' sign was put together just a couple of weeks ago at a girls night Jennifer, Shauntel and I had with our families.  It was so much fun.  I also have my Halloween throw on the couch.

2 comments:

Dotty said...

I love your Decorations, so cute and fun.

Jennifer said...

Darling!