Friday, September 23, 2011

Household Hint

On a previous post by Jen, a reader left a comment wondering how to get permanent marker off of pine. I have a very bad relationship with permanent markers. My oldest colored on a leather chair, there was no getting it off of that. Then my baby colored on a wood cabinet, it was almost brand new still.

I think wood is the hardest thing to get stuff off of. Depending on the finish you don't want to ruin the whole thing with your cleaner. Before you try and tackle any stain, test a small inconspicuous area first to see how the item will react.

Here are a few things I have used or heard to try to remove permanent marker off wood:

Hair Spray and Cotton Balls (Vinegar and Water after will make it not be sticky)
Rubbing Alcohol and Cotton Balls
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (My favorite around the house!)
Colgate Toothpaste (I am trying this as soon as I get to the store!)
Finger Nail Polish Remover

No comments: