Monday, September 26, 2011

Sports Fan Shirts

College football season has just started and there are colors flying every where here in Utah. I know we aren't the only ones. My family is from Tennessee and I am pretty sure there is an unwritten law that you must wear orange on a high school or college ball day. Are any of you and your families big football fans? 

I ran out one afternoon to get the family some University of Utah shirts and was shocked at the price for the quality. I immediately thought to myself: I could make something cuter. I have this thing in me that always wants to do something on my own. I have an "I can do that mentality" as I am sure many of you do too. So, the same day I went and picked up everyone solid colored shirts.

After finishing these shirts I knew that I wanted to remind all of you fabulous readers that designing your own t-shirt  graphics is a really fun and a creative way to get a great results while being cost efficient. 

I used two different techniques on these shirts. I started them by using a freezer paper stencil and with paint put the word Utah on them. I then appliquéd the U and went along all of the letters three times with my sewing machine using a wide stitch to give it a stitched look. I also added an extra swirl line across my little girl's shirt. Fun, simple, easy and they turned out just the way I wanted them to!

I sat my kids down for some pictures and it didn't take seconds until it turned into a football game.





No comments: