Monday, April 2, 2012

Fruit Pizza Bar

I had to use my cell phone for this pic I left my actual camera at home!
My sister in law noticed that we have been friends on Facebook for five years (thanks to the new Timeline layout) she mentioned this to me and jokingly asked what I got her. Our families get together every Sunday for dinner so I thought it would be fun to make a special dessert dedicated to her. My husband and I love fruit pizza so I went with that. I usually make one large cookie sheet size fruit pizza, but this time decided to do individual serving sizes. I just used my favorite cookie dough recipe which I would really love to share but fear for my life if I do; my friend would KILL me! Any sugar cookie will do even the refrigerated dough from the grocery store. I cut the cookies using a scalloped edge circle cookie cutter and a small number five.

Fruit Pizza Frosting
What you need:
1 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
1 container Cool Whip
Optional flavor extracts such as lemon, vanilla and almond (I love using lemon)

Mix the cream cheese and cool whip together using a stand or hand mixer
Add extract 1/2 teaspoon at a time until you reach desired taste

I cut up a bunch of fruit. I love the different colors and textures each one brings. Typically I use strawberries, bananas, raspberries, kiwi, blueberries, mandarin oranges and grapes cut in half.

It was a big hit. The almond flavored frosting was barely touched. The lemon and vanilla were most popular. I would love to do this for a shower or girls night.

Happy five years Amy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This is darling!! I really LOVE this idea! Your presentation is beautiful as well! I will definitely doing this soon.