Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Picture Quilt


Do you remember the thank you quilt I made a few months ago.  I have found something even better to print on!  They are called printed treasures, it is actually fabric that you run through the printer and it is awesome! 


This quilt was for some family friends for their 50th anniversary.  We had three of us working on the quilt.  I cut it out and quilted it, my cousin pieced together the front and printed all of the pictures, and my mom helped layer the quilt and did the binding.  It was kind of fun to work on a quilt with everyone.

We used the road trip pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.  We changed the height of the blocks to 5.5".  We thought this would show the pictures better.  When we printed out the pictures we cropped them so they were 5"x5", then we cut them out to be 5.5"x5.5" squares.  With the 1/4" seam allowance it frames the pictures perfectly.  I love the pictures and how they look with the fabric.  We also made it larger than the pattern says.


My favorite part of the quilt, other then the gorgeous fabric, is the congratulations 'plaque' on back.  Since the quilt was from my cousins family and mine we got pictures of both of our families and printed it on the 'fabric' paper and sewed it on the back.

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

That is so cool. I love the pattern and the pictures add so much!

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for showing it! I love the colors and how fun to do it as a group. Sometimes working on a full quilt by yourself can get a bit, time consuming.

Christy Chan said...

Nice bblog