I found the fabric at Hancock Fabrics on a pre-measured bolt. It was 5 yards for 10 dollars, so I had extra for another project, yay! This pattern was really easy to follow. I didn't put the pockets in, which made it that much faster. I also added extra fabric so the skirt was more full.
Since I didn't put the pockets in, I used a french seam to finish off the sides. I think this adds a lot, it makes the project seem more professional. Plus if you don't have a serger this is a great way to finish your seams. I have one but I still use this technique on most projects, I guess it is just personal preference.
For the hem on the bottom I sewed three lines of straight stitches side by side. It looked great. It really did add a more finished look and I love how the black stitches stand out on the fabric. Even though this was a really simple project it helps to add a few simple things to make it more professional and unique.