|This isn't my Flower Bed, but it makes me smile. I found the picture here.|
- Peat Moss-Helps retain moisture and adds organic matter.
- Vermiculite-Lightens soil for better root growth.
- Compost-Adds small amounts of fertilizer and organic matter.
- Sand-Roots like it because it's coarse. Sand is great for carrots.
- Gypsum-Good for clay soils.
- Manure-Usually contains weed seeds, but adds a little fertilizer.
- Manure has little nutrient value.
- Lawns need a fertilizer high in Nitrogen like 20-5-5.
- Gardens need Phosphorus ltry a 16-16-8 mix.
- Phosphorus helps with flower development
- Nitrogen helps with vegetative growth
- Potassium is used for good root development.