Monday, May 16, 2011

The BEST Hamburger Buns

I made these fantastic hamburger buns and I just had to share them with you! Seeing as great barbeque weather has just arrived, I was sure you would enjoy these just as much as my family has! They are simple and much more delicious than any bun I have purchased.


I found this recipe online and made a few changes. Please try it out and you won't be disappointed.

 Burger Buns

BUNS

  • 3/4 cup lukewarm water
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon yeast

TOPPING

  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2-5 tablespoons sesame seeds

 

Directions

1) Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients. (I used my Kitchen Aid but the recipe said you can hand mix and knead. Do whatever you works best for you.)
2) Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk.
3) Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 9 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball and then flatten. Place the buns on a lightly greased baking sheet, cover, and let rise for 40-60 minutes, until noticeably puffy.

Step 3- Before placing the buns in the oven.


























4) Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter
5) Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. Quickly sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
6) Cool the buns on a rack.
Yield: 9 large buns.

6 comments:

Jodee said...

Made these yesterday to have with BBQ pork! They were fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!

Shana said...

They look tasty on their own...you can't go wrong with baked breads...thanks for the recipe!

Sarah said...

Wow! What a great idea - never even thought of making my own hamburger bun! Definitely a great idea and will be first on my list when I get home later this week :)

Amy said...

Yum! Thanks!!!

Shauntel said...

I made these last night. I only used 3 cups of flour though. They tasted great, but mine weren't super pretty. I'lll definitly going to make them again. Oh, my batch only made 7, not 9. I'm going to double it next time for sure.

Foodwanderings said...

This is the third or fourth time I am making these. This time for a lunch break in between games for my son and his teammates this coming weekend. Planning on freezing & reheat hope it works. Works with other breads:).