Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Week: Household Hint Spring Cleaning

Have you ever used about.com? I love it. You can find answers to so many questions. For Spring Week I wanted to write something about Spring Cleaning. This can be a daunting task. You might make your list so long and overwhelming and when it is left incomplete you feel bad. I typed "Spring Cleaning Tips" and about.com brought a great list with many links to other topics. You can find it here. The thing that caught my eye was how to get the family involved. Who said that it is up to the mom and/or dad to deep clean and organize? To see the full article go here. It is totally worth checking out.

I'll summarize a few of my favorite points:
  • Plan ahead. Be sure the family knows to keep the scheduled day open. Even if it is just for the morning, don't plan anything for that time.
  • Be sure to have all the supplies you'll need prior to the cleanup day.
  • Turn off cell phones. (Remind your kids that they won't die if they miss a text.)
  • Make a playlist with every ones favorite music.
  • Be sure chores are age appropriate.
  • Hide tokens the kids can find as they clean. Have a reward for who finds the most. This adds a little competition and gets them going.
  • Plan a reward for when the job is done.
I'm not a big Spring cleaning person. I don't want to do it all at once. It makes me tired just thinking about it! This article did inspire me for our regular chore day, however! I hope you find inspiration as you plan to tackle your chores!

No comments: