Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Week: Easter Table Runner

When I think about spring I think of a few things; spring flowers/colors, cleaning, and Easter.  Since I was NOT in the mood to start cleaning the whole house.  I decided to go with the other two themes: spring flowers/colors and Easter.  I don't have many Easter decorations and I thought it would be fun to make a super simple table runner. 



When I came across the Ruffled Easter Egg Tutorial from Positively Splendid I knew I had to make these little eggs.  They were super easy and the tutorial is well written.


I didn't want to spend any extra money on this project, so I scrounged through my scrap pile.  I found the white fabric in my stash, I don't know what I originally used it for but it was cut into rectangles.  They each measured 8"x17".  I love the stark white with the bright colors.  I wanted the table runner to look ragged and pieced together so I just zigzagged the rectangles together.  This project was super simple and fast. 


I am not sure if I absolutely love the outcome.  I feel like it still needs something.  What does everyone think?  Does it need more, or should I leave it as is?  What should I add?  I am stumped!! 


11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the eggs, I hadn't seen them so thanks for sharing. I also love the colors you put yours together with. As for the table runner, I think with a cute center piece, easter basket or something, it will look just right.

Marilyn said...

Lovely --- I love your blog.. Officially following you from Idea sharing wednesday.. Hope you can stop by sometime.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com TY

Unknown said...

I agree with Jennifer. I think a basket of eggs or spring flowers as a center piece will be the perfect topping to your beautiful table runner.

Sharon said...

I love the ruffle easter eggs on the ends! Very cute!

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

This is so cute! Can't wait to try it!

April said...

These are adorable...It would make a cute applique for and easter shirt too! I would love for you to come link up to my Sew Crafty Party !

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Erica, your ruffled eggs are adorable. I have featured this today. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jaime said...

I vote for some ric rac!! Great job!

Unknown said...

Your table runner is so cute, ruffly and frilly! I will be featuring this on saturday! do grab a featured button!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I hate cleaning too!!! lol In fact, I usually get distracted with my designs and art instead of cleaning. Eventually...I have to give in though. :)

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

really like that you picked a zig zag stitch to finish it off!