I made some Bear Claws before my little ones singing program. After her program we all stepped outside were there was a park with picnic tables and ate them with everyone that came to watch her sing. I thought I would share the steps to making them as they seemed to be a big hit last night.
Simple Chocolate Bear Claws
- Unthaw Rhodes Dough dinner rolls. My rule of thumb, at least two per person. They go fast.
- Roll the dough out flat in a three and a half inch diameter.
- Fill roll with one tablespoon of butter, a heaping spoon of brown sugar and a small handful of chocolate chips, about 15.
- Fold over the dough making a pocket and press edges down with wet fingers. I always have a bowl of water by the side of me to dip my fingers in as I go. The water will help seal the edges so all the butter doesn't come out.
- Cut three snips with scissors. Refer to picture bellow.
- Let the rolls rise for one hour.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Mix a bit of milk and powdered sugar together to make a frosting and drizzle it on them after they have been out of the oven for 10 minutes.
They are great warm and good cooled as well.
Our group really enjoyed them.
A great night with fantastic entertainment and delicious refreshments.