Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quaking Aspen Curtain Rod




I'm going to start off with mentioning last weeks post, Two Sided Ruffle Quilt. I had several questions asked by email and comments wanting to know more details about the quilt. Sadly I started that quilt just under a year and half ago. It was one of those projects that got put off way to long, but I would love to go back and measure her quilt and give you guys a little more information about it. I will be posting on it next week so stay tuned!

I am really pleased with today's post! A few months ago I kept staring at my living room and thinking, something is really missing! I kept coming back to it time and time again. One night I figured it out. The wall the windows were on was bare. I came up with a plan. It took me awhile to be able to find everything I needed but just last week I finished. (I would still love to frame the windows with molding)


I hung a tree, yep, a quaking aspen tree in my living room. 


I purchased these great metal right angles at Hobby Lobby. They were perfect for the job because they have several nail holes for extra support to lean the tree on. They are also really wide to give stability and room without nailing the tree to the wall.


I purchased 2 yards of thick yellow canvas fabric. I cut 19 inch wide strips and sewed them together. I tried a small width but felt like it didn't give the draped look I was going for. The fabric has raw edges. The fabric was thick enough and did not fray when I cut it and I felt like the raw edge went great with the look I was going for.

I think it looks great with my couch, and book nook.

No comments: