My husband came home the other day with this recipe. It was amazingly easy and super delicious. We got the recipe from here.
- Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Bread dough
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Brown butter in a small skillet. Set aside to cool once browned
- Remove bread dough from tube and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife cut 31 slits into the top of the roll. Once you have done this cut into slices you should have 32. Flatten each slice.
- In a bowl combine sugar cinnamon and nutmeg
- Brush each slice of dough with the browned butter then coat with the sugar mix. Use all of the sugar mix
- Stack to dough slices five high, a few will have six slices. Then cut down the center of the stack
- Place two of the stacks cut side down in muffin tin
- Place muffin tin on a baking sheet as the butter will bubble over
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes