Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentines Fun and Gifts




I had mentioned in my Valentines Heart Wreath post that I was doing the 14 days of Valentines for my kids and husband. Thanks to pinterest and also bouncing ideas off a handful of friends, my family and I have had a lot of fun with this past week. 

I was some what surprised when I found out my little girls favorite thing about the surprise every morning is the notes that come with them. I have colored her a picture or as simple as writing on a piece of paper, I Love You with markers, she loves it! 

Here are some of the fun things we have done.

One morning the kids woke up to home made finger paint. I got the recipe from here.


I got out our cookie cutters and painted inside them to make a valentines poster.


On Sunday Morning we had a delicious Valentines breakfast. I made the best Buttermilk Waffles from Mel's Kitchen along with fruit and a cream cheese dip.



I made Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes and put them on my husbands night stand with a list of 10 reasons I loved him.


I did a bit of mixing and matching for the cupcakes and they turned out great! I used Mel's Kitchen Strawberry Lime Cream Cake. I just used the white cake recipe and put them in cupcake pan. When they cooled I put a spoon of strawberry jam and topped them with homemade cool whip. These turned out excellent, I highly recommend them.

I made pillow cases and painted a heart in the top corner reminding them, Mom Loves You. I added a medium to the paint so the heart won't come off in the wash.


What is left on my list for the kids:

Make a obstacle coarse and at the end have a bag of valentines candy.
Heart attack the kid's bedrooms.
Make a treat for a neighbor family and drop and run.
Make Valentines for class and friends.
Make Valentine Gum ball necklaces
Make a valentine movie for Dad.


What is left on my list for my husband:

Balloons and a memory for every year we have been married. Darling idea from here.
Popcorn Movie Night.
Deliver a treat to my husbands work.
Have a treat in my husbands bag for work.
Valentine Movie from kids.

No comments: