Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ribbon Wreath




You can find wreaths like this at any craft store for really cheap. I got this one from Hobby Lobby on sale for $1.50. I love this wreath because you can change what you do to it and create a large variety of styles. I love to add beads or flowers, but for Valentines day I changed it into a ribbon wreath.


After trying different ribbons I discovered that a ribbon with wire on each side was easier to work with.


I acted as though I was making a loop for a bow. When the size of the loop was as big as I wanted it, I pushed the ribbon into the sticks of my wreath with my finger, then repeated this pattern many times.


I actually just ran out of red ribbon and had to use two other kinds, but I liked that it added a little flare.


I tied another ribbon into a loop on one of the sticks where I wanted the top to be. This will serve as the ribbon to hold the wreath onto the door. 


Now that Valentine's Day is over I am thinking I will take the red ribbon out and exchange it with some fun green ribbon for St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: