- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- 32 whole cloves
- 2 gallons apple cider (we always use honey crisp apple cider, it costs a little more but it is definitely worth it!!)
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice and salt; set aside.
- Peel apples and cut each in half through the stem; remove seeds and core. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a face, as desired, on the rounded side of each apple half. Place apples in lemon mixture for one minute; transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Place apples, face-side up on prepared baking sheet and transfer to oven. Let bake until apples are dry and begin to brown around the edges, about 90 minutes. Remove apples from baking sheets and press cloves into the "eye" sockets.
- Combine cider and lemonade in a pot on stove and heat to desired temperature and transfer to a large punchbowl; float shrunken heads on top.
Here is my version of a picture tutorial.
There you have it. I hope you have fun making your own little shrunken apple heads. My sister Megan hates cider and she loved this recipe. It is so delicious.
Don't forget to enter our giveaway.
I am jealous I don't have a ruler like that and I want one!!! I am definitely going to have to use the discount code.