Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring Week: Water Punch

With Spring upon us I thought I'd share one of my favorite drinks. This drink is so simple and easy to make. It is also, very refreshing. The best part about this recipe is how deceptive it looks: just like water. Without fail, the first drink someone takes of this, they are instantly surprised by the taste. This beverage is perfect for any size party. It is inexpensive to make so you can make it for a crowd. It is also great for bridal/baby showers or even a wedding.

What you need:
2 T Citric Acid (You can find this at most pharmacies. You don't need a prescription, but it is behind the counter.)
5 qts Water
2 c Sugar
2 T Lemon Extract

Mix everything in a large pitcher. You can garnish with fruit slices. I like to use lemons, limes and oranges.

3 comments:

The Peros said...

My family and I love this punch! I have the recipe on my blog as well from last summer. Just wanted to add- you can buy citric acid significantly cheaper at kitchen supply stores because it comes in bulk form. Just a money saving tip! (In Utah, Orson Gygi's, Kitchen Kneads, etc...)

www.theolive-tree.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Shauntel made this for a dinner party she had, AMAZING. I can't wait to make it, thanks for the recipe.

Kate Weber said...

Oh yum! I'm so going to try this soon!

I'm new to your blog! I found you through FTLOB and can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog as well. :)

Simply Kate