Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine Salt Dough Hearts


I came across an adorable picture on Pinterest.  I loved the idea of making little salt dough tags and wanted to make some immediately.  For some reason the majority of my cookie cutters are hearts and since Valentine's Day is coming it seemed like fate.

I mixed together 1/2 cup salt, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 cup warm water.  The warm water really does make a difference.  I rolled out the dough and used my cute little heart cookie cutter.  Remember to poke holes for the ribbon, string, or whatever you are going to use.

I didn't have the right color of paint lying around so I used a stamp pad to color the front of the hearts.  This first batch I was going to use as little tags on cookies or gifts.  I am going to make another batch so I can use them to make a garland for my fireplace.  I think they look really cute all strung up.  Now if you can just picture them painted.  Tune in next week to see how it turns out.

3 comments:

Tina said...

cute

Shauntel said...

This would be great for the kids to make and add to their valentines or to decorate their own bedrooms.

Lindsi B said...

Soooooooo pretty, I love this post! I found you on Tip Junkie! I would like to invite you to share this post with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-7.html