One of the things that I knew I wanted to update in my newly purchased home was the entry handrail and banister. They were outdated and didn't fit with my decorations, like my wood wall art. I was a bit overwhelmed with this project and didn't even know where to start. After doing many searches online and sitting on the idea for quite some time I decided to dig in.
I was absolutely shocked how easy this project was and couldn't believe it took me so long to start. I did the normal; sand, paint, and topped it with a polyurethane. The biggest help in my ventures was the very aggressive sand paper I used for the places I stained.
This project just took a few days and only a hour a day. I was a bit of a perfectionist because I didn't want paint on my carpet and it is right in my entry, I can't hide anything.
Great project that was easy and the end results where great.