Monday, October 31, 2011

Banister and Handrail Refinish

One of the things that I knew I wanted to update in my newly purchased home was the entry handrail and banister. They were outdated and didn't fit with my decorations, like my wood wall art.  I was a bit overwhelmed with this project and didn't even know where to start. After doing many searches online and sitting on the idea for quite some time I decided to dig in.
Before
I was absolutely shocked how easy this project was and couldn't believe it took me so long to start. I did the normal; sand, paint, and topped it with a polyurethane. The biggest help in my ventures was the very aggressive sand paper I used for the places I stained.


This project just took a few days and only a hour a day. I was a bit of a perfectionist because I didn't want paint on my carpet and it is right in my entry, I can't hide anything.

Great project that was easy and the end results where great.

1 comment:

Erica said...

That turned out adorable! I can finally see the pictures. It definitely matches your style better. Great job.